The kinds of personal information that Kangaroo Island Health Retreat collects and holds
In order for Kangaroo Island Health Retreat to provide services to you, we will need to collect from you, and hold, some personal information about you. That information may include your name, your address, your telephone numbers, including your mobile number, email addresses, bank account or credit card details, password details for accessing Kangaroo Island Health Retreat services. You may also choose to provide similar details to of your authorised representative, such as another family member. You must ensure that you have obtained the consent of such persons to us collecting and holding their personal information.
If you are unwilling to provide us with some details, we may not be able to supply you with a service that you wish to acquire. It is not possible to acquire services from Kangaroo Island Health Retreat under a pseudonym.
How Kangaroo Island Health Retreat collects and holds personal information
Kangaroo Island Health Retreat collects personal information about you when you apply for a service either over the telephone, through an online process, or through completion of a form with a Kangaroo Island Health Retreat dealer or directly when you require assistance with service provisioning or fault management.
The personal information will be held in secure electronic databases. Kangaroo Island Health Retreat will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the personal information is accessible only to appropriately qualified staff.
The purposes for which Kangaroo Island Health Retreat collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
Kangaroo Island Health Retreat will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity;
- To provide and develop the services that you require;
- To administer and manage those services including charging, billing, obtaining payment, fault management, complaint handling and debt collection;
- To communicate with you directly, via email, fax, phone, SMS and by other means of communication about service usage, service charges, new Kangaroo Island Health Retreat products and services, complaint and fault management, and other ways the service provided to you could be improved;
- To conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud; and
- To comply with requests for information issued to Kangaroo Island Health Retreat by agencies and courts that are entitled to obtain the information under Australian law.
The above uses may require disclosure of the personal information to third parties including:
- to service providers who provide services to us, such as providers of telecommunications services;
- to credit reporting agencies;
- to third parties where you have given consent to the disclosure; and
- to government, law enforcement and regulatory bodies where this is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
If you do not wish to receive marketing material from Kangaroo Island Health Retreat about new Kangaroo Island Health Retreat products and services, you may send an email with your full name and customer ID to email@example.com and Kangaroo Island Health Retreat will not send to you any communications about such products and services. If you have more than one Customer ID, you must provide all of them.
How you may access personal information and seek the correction of such information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can access and correct some of the personal information (such as contact details) that we hold about you by securely logging in to our website. You can also request that incorrect information about you be corrected or deleted.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, please send an email to our privacy compliance officer (see contact details below) and we will respond to you within 30 days. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
How you may complain about a breach of privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or would like further information, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer. Kangaroo Island Health Retreat’s general complaint handling policy is also applicable for complaints about privacy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kangaroo Island Health Retreat is continuously improving and enhancing its products and services to our clients and we may update this policy from time to time. Any changes to this policy will be updated on this page on the Kangaroo Island Health Retreat website.