Since 2009, I have been experimenting with a paste that packs a mighty punch. It’s designed to increase vitamin and mineral intake in the most natural way, boost the immune system and help stop cravings. Perfect for those wanting to keep up the good work after their visit to Kangaroo Island Health Retreat! Taken safely for up to 30 days.
1 TSP CINNAMON
1 TSP SUMAC
1 TSP HONEY
1 TSP CHIA SEEDS
1 TBS NATURAL YOGHURT
Mix all ingredients thoroughly until it is paste consistency. Eat with a teaspoon over 15 minutes. You can swap the Chia seeds for these alternatives if you wish (they all need grinding): Sunflower, Linseed, Flaxseed, Sesame or Pumpkin.
Benefits of The Paste
Cinnamon is from the bark of the Cassia or Ceylon cinnamon tree. Maturity is at 30 years when the inner delicate bark is harvested. Cassia trees are grown throughout Asia and the Ceylon cinnamon tree is grown in Sri Lanka.
The therapeutic qualities of cinnamon are immense:
- Vitamin K for the coagulation of blood. A shortage is shown through varicose veins and bruising.
- Vitamin C is the main conductor of every vitamin and mineral in the human body. Signs of a shortage include bleeding gums, high blood pressure and nose bleeds.
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral needed in the human body. A shortage can lead to depression, brittle bones and depleted brain often starving and manic.
- Zinc is vital for your immune system. A shortage is indicated by white spots on the finger and toenails.
- Magnesium is vital for absorption of nutrients from the blood, especially zinc. A shortage can lead to poor energy, fitful sleep patterns, cravings for sweet food and erratic behaviour.
- Potassium is needed to keep the electrolytes maintaining correct fluid balance. A shortage is shown through swollen joints and other inflammation.
Chia Seeds have 5x more calcium than milk, 8x more omega 3 than wild salmon, 15x more magnesiumthan broccoli, 3x more iron than spinach, and 3xmore antioxidants than blueberries.
Sumac is a small red berry that grows wild in the southern parts of India. It is dried, powdered and used extensively in all cooking in the Middle and Eastern regions of the world. It is exceptionally high in Vitamin C.
Natural Yoghurt is a complete protein with 22 amino acids to build, repair and maintain all cellular levels.